The Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme is a key Australia Government’s principal financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. The grant process is administered by Australian Trade Commission (Austrade).
The EMDG Scheme encourages Australian exporters to develop overseas markets for,
- Goods (either made in Australia or overseas where Australia would derive a significant net benefit from its sale overseas)
- All Service (except those specified as ineligible in the EMDG regulations)
- Tourism Service
- An Event held in Australia
- An Intellectual Property right that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
- Trademark that was owned, assigned or first used in Australia
- Know-how that mainly resulted from work done in Australia
The EMDG Scheme provides reimbursement up to 50% of expense incurred on eligible export promotional activities (less initial threshold).
Why choose us?
The EMDG Act and regulation have been amended regularly since the scheme beginnings. With recent changes to the EMDG Grant Guidelines, there are increased complexities in the preparation and lodgement of claims.
As member of Export Consulting Industry Group, we are up to date with the relevant legislation and the impact of recent changes to the scheme.
Getting our expert advice is key to ensuring the success of your claim.
A brief 3 pages Getting Started Pack is included below and can be downloaded. It tells you general information about the EMDG and eligible product and expenditure categories.
Download Getting Started Pack
What will CGC do for your behalf?
- Identify your eligibility to receive an EMDG
- Arrange a mutually convenient time to apply the CGC’s EMDG Maximiser to collate the detailed information for inclusion in your EMDG
- Compile, insert and complete the detailed information required for lodgement of the EMDG
- Prepare a business profile in the absence of supporting brochures
- Identify your EMDG Claimable Amount
- Lodge your detailed EMDG with Austrade
- Attend and represent your business when Audit of Export Market Development Grant is required by Austrade (Note: Audit based only upon information submitted)
CGC undertake the EMDG Application process from start to completion. We are here to assist you through the entire process.